Friday, May 8, 2009

Lori and Dave's Wedding Reception

This past weekend we headed to Calgary for Ed's sisters wedding reception. You may remember us going to Mexico in January for her wedding. We had a great extra long weekend, it was full and busy and not too cold. We were a little worried about how cold it was going to be in Calgary because of all the recent snowy days they have had, but it was beautiful while we were there.




The theme of the reception was the beach, so there was a lot of seashells and blue fabric. It was beautiful! Lori and I had a great time decorating the tables, making the cake and organizing the wedding reception.

Here is Madeline in her flowergirl dress!


My cute little girl sitting pretty on a chair in the reception hall!




Here is the wedding cake and table that I decorated. The cake didn't turn out exactly how I had imagined. I didn't make the cake, a bakery in Calgary did, but I decorated it. It turned out okay for decorating the cake at the reception hall an hour before the reception.




Here is the table we decorated. My mom made the blue scarves that are in the middle of the table. The vase was filled with water and there was a floating candle on top. There were 4 votive candles around the table with seashells and crystals. It looked great!
Congrats again to Dave and Lori!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful flower girl dress! I love the ruffles at the bottom.