Monday, March 23, 2009

Tea Time with Daddy

Madeline and Daddy having tea time! They were having a great time!
This is such good tea!

I just thought this was the most precious thing, I think the poem sums up exactly what I was feeling at that moment! Daddy and Madeline time is such a special time!

Blue collar days are long and hard.
He skips a thousand lunches.
But he is never too exhausted for
The one who loves him “bunches!”

She slides her tiny fingers in
His calloused, manly hands,
And begs him to come watch as she
Performs a silly dance.

His weary eyes light up with joy
He grins a daddy’s smile,
And he is captivated by
This gifted, pretty child.

Dinner’s on, but it can wait.
He’s been invited to
Imaginary biscuits
And tea. “One lump or two?”

I watch this grown man fill the chair,
His frame three times its size.
He winks at me with kindness
That makes tears fill my eyes.

I knew this man was special
The day I said “I do”,
But now that he’s a father,
Our daughter knows it, too.

By Julie Donner Andersen.

2 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

Love this poem, perfect for these sweet photos!

Great to see you at Shawna's last night!!!

Julie Donner Andersen. author said...

Such lovely pictures to accentuate my poem! Sweet, precious family! You are indeed blessed! :)